.... I take you to be my wife/husband, my best friend, my faithful partner, and my one true love. ...
Funeral Services & Life Celebrations
Funeral Services: Creating vibrant life Celebrations
You are free to choose whoever you believe will offer you the service you need at this crucial time in your lives, and it is important to choose someone you feel you can relate to comfortably. I have over 15 year’s experience as a funeral services celebrant and bring a warm professional approach.
I am trained in understanding the dynamics of presenting a well-balanced and meaningful ceremony. I offer choices and a wealth of ideas for your funeral ceremony. My experience in counselling and working as a Hospice biographer enables me to support you in your grief as we plan and conduct the funeral service. I can offer guidance about what is appropriate or not for the funeral, so the ceremony is a fine reflection of your loved one’s life, values and beliefs. The ceremony should express the pain of separation as well as remembering the joyful times you shared. Music and readings help add depth and meaning. Such a funeral services will be an encouragement and comfort to those who are facing the changes the death has brought to their lives. I am happy to include any cultural aspects and religious views, including readings and prayers, or to conduct a non-religious service to fit in with your beliefs.
How do we go about it?
- We meet at your home or mine to discuss your requirements and plan the ceremony together. I will listen attentively to your wishes and welcome input from yourselves and people you choose to take part in the service.
- We will be in regular contact by phone and email to ensure you are comfortable with the ceremony I have written in accordance with our discussions.
- I work closely with funeral directors, the musicians and all taking part in the service to ensure all flows smoothly.
- We will reflect all that your loved one meant to you with words that inspire and bring comfort and encouragement.
ADVANCE PLANNING OF FUNERALS
Creating ceremonies to reflect you and all that matters to you
- I am happy to assist people to plan their own funerals. This can be a significant step in the preparations for the final stage of life’s journey.
- Having a relevant funeral planned, with music, readings and messages chosen, can assist the ‘letting go’ process and give peace of mind.
- We meet to discuss your wishes and options for the funeral service in as much or as little detail as you wish. This simplifies the planning of the funeral service after death and gives comfort to those with this responsibility.
MY FAMILY HISTORY WRITING SERVICE is available for those who wish to record the memories of their lifetime. The process is an affirming and satisfying project, as well as a wonderful legacy for family and friends. They are, indeed, a ‘Gift of a Lifetime’.
MEMORIAL SERVICES are available when a funeral service has been conducted at another place and time. They can include those who might not have been present for the original ceremony. They can include as much or little as you think appropriate for your circumstances.
ASHES TO REST – We plan a time and place to put the ashes of your loved one to rest in their final resting place. This gives you the satisfaction of completing your loved one’s journey.